The Dairy Museum is located within the Campus of Amul Dairy at Anand. This Museum is dedicated to the Dairy Industry and declared open by Mrs Molly Kurien on 26th November 2000 to mark the 80th birthday of Dr V. Kurien, The Father of White Revolution in India. The Museum has a Photo Gallery and Auditorium. The Photo Gallery gives glimpses of the genesis of Amul and its growth in a pictorial form to visitors and infuses confidence in the principle of co-operation and co-operative organizations. The Auditorium is used for screening of documentaries, interaction with guests, workshops, seminars and other programmes.
For Online Visit Booking : https://visit.amul.in/
Frequently Asked Questions
When was Kaira District Co-operative Milk Producers’ Union Limited registered?
It was registered on 14th December 1946 under Section 10 of Bombay Act VII of 1925.
What is the milk processing capacity of the Kaira Union?
The milk processing capacity of the union is 30 lakh litre per day.
How many village DCS & Members are registered with the Kaira Union?
Approx 1225 DCS & 200 Plus BMCs with 6.34 lakhs members are registered with the Kaira Union of Gujarat Region only.
What is the procedure to form a Village Co-operative Society?
The initiation to form a village cooperative society begins on receipt of an intimation from a village expressing their willingness to form a cooperative and affiliate to the district union. A team, then, from the Co-operative Department of the District Union will be visiting the village to conduct a survey to assess its ability to procure daily 350 liters of milk and supply to the Union. The survey will cover the number of households, cattle population and procurement capacity to declare the feasibility.
On the basis of the above study and the result that the village can procure minimum 350 litres of milk daily and supply to the Union, the team from the Co-operative Department will help in organizing a gram sabha of village milk producers to decide or pass resolutions on:
* Member entry
* Place of milk society
* Staff for milk Society
* Management Committee & Chairman of society appointed
* Authority to handle milk society registration
* Preparation of Bylaws of milk society
* Banking operation authority to Chairman & Secretary
* Functions, roles, and responsibilities of Chairman, Secretary, & Management Committee members
On completion of successful functioning of the first quarter, the society will become eligible for registration and submits financial reports of the first quarter, as per requirement, to the District Registrar for registration of the society along with list of members and share status, four copies of Bylaw and application for registration. Based on this report, viability and procurement of milk, the first general body meeting of the society is convened to decide or pass resolutions on the following:
* Election of New Management Committee Members& Chairman
* Resolution and registration of bylaw
* Resolution on member registration
* Resolution of financial statement
* Raising of financial fund
* Bank account authority
* Appointing local auditor
* Staff selection
With the completion of above formalities, a registered village milk producers’ co-operative society comes into existence.
What are the requirements to become a member of the society?
* He / She should belong to the area specified by the society in the concerned village
* He / She should be at least 18 years old
* He / She should own a cow or buffalo
* He / She should commit in writing to deliver milk to the society
* He / She should pay a registration fee worth Re. 1/- and buy a share worth Rs 10/-
* The nominal member should deliver milk for at least 180 days or he / she should deliver 700 ltrs of milk to the union.
* He / She should not have any criminal record with police
* He / She should not independently run any business of milk and milk products
What are the benefits given to the members of the society?
* He/She receives reasonable milk price throughout the year
* He/She receives Difference in price at the end of the year
* He/She gets dividend on their shares
* Insurance facilities for members & cattle also
* Assistance for getting loan
* Round the clock veterinary services at farmers door step
* Artificial Insemination at nominal rate
* Scholarship facilities for farmer’s children
* Primary medical aid to farmer’s family at a nominal rate at Tribhuvandas Foundation